Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Nicole Richie Takes It Up A Notch

After handing out Diet Dr. Pepper “valentines” all over Manhattan today, Nicole Richie has decided to take her gift-giving endeavors to a new level. The success of the Dr. Pepper marketing campaign was gratifying, but according to Richie, it was only a small piece of her diet puzzle. “I realized that one can of soda was great and all, but if I’m truly going to spread the gospel of a calorie-free lifestyle, I need to be a little more comprehensive,” says the pint-sized celebutante. Consequently, starting tomorrow, Richie will be handing out Rexi-Paks from the back of a pickup truck. Each kit, designed both for the newly-minted anorexic and for the seasoned starver, will include diet soda, sugar-free gum, laxatives, hard candy, a Tasti-D-Lite gift certificate, caffeine pills and a calorie chart. For a small fee, recipients can purchase the Binge-N-Boot bonus pack, which includes a pint of ice cream, a bag of cheese puffs, chocolate bars, a box of Entenmann’s chocolate chip cookies, two spoons (one for eating the ice cream and the other to induce gagging), and a box of breath mints. “I want to be a role model to young girls out there who might be feeling a little chubby and don’t know how to change it,” says Richie, adding “There was a time, somewhere between my heroin addiction and my severe eating disorder, when I felt lost. Not eating was an activity I could throw myself into, and I found out that I was quite good at it. And when someone has a gift, it’s his/her duty to share it with the world. That’s what I’m doing with my Rexi-Paks.” Following tomorrow’s handout tour in Manhattan, Richie will begin work on a cookbook, “Tyrannosaurus Rexi: Reigning Supreme Over Hunger Pangs,” which will feature recipes for delicious, wholesome dishes like “Lettuce with Vinegar” and “Air-Poached Chicken.” The book is scheduled to be published next fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home